Monday, September 08, 2014


One of our 'flighty' hosts this past weekend during the opening events of this year's edition of Birds in Art, the Woodson Art Museum's annual treat to bird lovers and bird artists alike. Having 'survived' my being named last year's Master, I enjoyed needling this year's honoree, Barry Van Dusen but he seemed to be in complete control throughout the energetic weekend events. As I have done over the last few years, I shall be posting my (what has become rather annual) list of favorite works from the exhibition shortly, once I have time to recover and breath and get some other business out of the way this week. But, look for it within the next week or so. This beautiful eagle perched and posed for us for quite some time during our 'down time' enjoying and relaxing at Lake Katherine in north central Wisconsin on Saturday afternoon, after the morning's festivities at the museum and Barry's wonderful presentation. The exhibition will hang at the Woodson through early November and I urge anyone in the area to stop in and see some marvelous art and sculpture and some rather unique approaches to visualizing . . . Birds in Art.

No comments: