Sunday, September 21, 2014

It's been an interesting week, the concluding days of which saw me acting as one of this year's five judges for the Federal Duck Stamp Competition held at the National Conservation Training Center of the US Fish and Wildlife Service just outside of Shepherdstown, West Virginia. Two days of intense scrutiny of some fine original works of art, culminated in the naming of this year's winner on Saturday morning, Jennifer Miller, with her entry of ruddy ducks.

Also, during the days when my focus was upon ducks, I received word that my work, "In the Bleak Midwinter", will join 100 or more other fine examples of drawing in the 2015 publication of North Light Books' next volume of the series, Strokes of Genius: The Best of Drawing - Depth, Dimension and Space. I'm honored to once again have a work of mine spotlighted in this manner after being included in volumes 2 through 6. 


1 comment:

Laurene said...

Congratulations!