Friday, January 17, 2014

The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men . . .
I have walked away from the drawing board in disgust this afternoon. I believed, when I began this piece, that the idea was a good one. I now see that the compositional design just did not work from the outset and after four days of work on this piece, I have decided that enough is enough; no point in continuing to scratch my head and wonder. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and realize that a work is not going well. It happens. I am gong to take a look at what I've done so far tomorrow with a fresh eye, and see if it can be cut down, reworked in some way or just torn up. Can't even think any longer about it just now.

1 comment:

Laurene said...

That's a shame, Terry! Sometimes all we need is a little time and distance to see a drawing with fresh eyes. The last update was looking wonderful! I know it'll work out for you, either way.