Wednesday, July 10, 2013


Before our expected rain for today has dropped its first drops, I was able to get this outside for photography this morning as it was finished up about half an hour ago with some last minute adjustments. Done, and done . . . image size on this one is 8 1/2" x 17 3/4". Also earmarked for an October show, this one will get its frame later this afternoon and then be put into storage for the next few months. On to the last couple of smaller works for that same fall show next.

1 comment:

Laurene said...

This drawing has completely captured my attention. I've made up stories of what the little chipmunk is doing there, and what he may be looking at...

I love the soft feel to the composition too. Even though the textures are a little rough, I keep seeing a lot of curves in your drawing that capture my eye: the curve of the handle of the watering can, the curve of the stripe on the chipmunk's back, the curve from the tip of the watering can's spout to the tip of the chipmunk's tail.

The more I look the more I see.
Would you explain a little of your thought process behind the composition? Thanks, Terry.