Saturday, June 08, 2013


Board time will begin shortly . . . here is where things stand as of now. I hope to have this one done tomorrow and ready for framing. 
 
I've been thinking a lot, lately, about my conversation/talk that will be presented in September at the Woodson Art Museum when presented with this year's Master Wildlife Artist Award at the opening of the 2013 edition of Birds in Art. I have devised a sort of plan for what I will say and how I shall approach talking about what it is that I do, how I do it, why I do it, etc., etc., etc. As I have been making notes and amassing ideas and pulling diverse thoughts together about presenting the A, B, Cs of My Life as an Artist, I've actually been rereading a lot of my posts to this blog page from the last six years; what better place to go to find out about why I do what it is that I do than where I've written about it all over the last half dozen years! Also, in working on this piece, which relies heavily upon the depiction of strong textures, I've renewed my awareness of just how heavily my medium relies upon the depiction of various textures, or at least how I have devised to use that medium within the range of my subject matter over the last twenty plus years. So, 'T' will be standing for Texture when I present my talk on September 7th at the Woodson Art Museum after they've medal-ed me!

No comments: