Monday, June 11, 2012


Today's work . . . for the moment, I believe I have pretty much completed all horses and riders but there might be some final tightening up yet to come. Today I set in some strong dark slashes here and there to help separate and give dimension (using a sharp 3B), softened some areas to blend things together (using a blunt tip 6H) and generally did some 'nit picking' in the foreground. I also started to tackle some soft details in the background. It's going to be tricky giving the background some interest while trying to keep things soft, fuzzy and distant as if seen through a fine morning mist yet making it all a cohesive composition that works together.


2 comments:

Bev said...

I think you have just what you set out to aceive. The misty background works beautifully.

straight edge razor said...

Hi There, I just spent a little time reading through your posts, which I found entirely by mistake whilst researching one of my projects. Please continue to write more because it’s unusual that someone has something interesting to say about this. Will be waiting for more!