Thursday, May 10, 2012

It being the second week in May, great excitement in the air this morning as news of the jury results for this year's Birds in Art exhibition at the Woodson Art Museum, hit the airwaves. Facebook was all abuzz this morning as artists slowly began to post of their good fortune. I am pleased to announce that my work, 'Florezca el Flamenco', has made the cut this year and will join a host of other fine works in September at the opening of the exhibition in Wausau, Wisconsin. My congratulations to all my artist friends who also made the cut and to those who did not, don't give up. I've read this morning of a number of artists who have gotten through the jury this time after as many as six or seven years of rejection notices. Now, it is back to the drawing board to finish up my current work!

___________________________________

Well, after this morning's good news and all the excitement being shared by artist friends in the social media, I needed to get back to reality and the drawing board. So, spent the last three hours (posting now at 3:35 PM) finishing up this work which will be my entry for this year's Western Visions: Miniatures and More show and sale at the National Museum of Wildlife Art in Jackson, Wyoming. The show is not till September but had to get this one done so the image could be sent in for the catalog publication over the summer. I have a feeling there are going to be more horses on the drawing board in the near future. Meanwhile, I'm still basking in the glow of getting my head around the fact that this will be my 21st year of inclusion in Birds in Art!

1 comment:

Colette Theriault said...

Congrats Terry! Your drawing is certainly well deserving! As for me, well, there's always next year...