Wednesday, March 07, 2012

I did not post at the end of studio time yesterday, so will get this up this morning. I thought about just waiting till later today when I anticipate this work being completed, but figured I'd post this image, about three hours from finishing it up, and then post the finished work tomorrow after I have had a chance to let it sit overnight for a final review in the morning tomorrow to make certain that there are no final touches to be made. Invariably, after letting a work sit overnight, I can usually detect a needed touch up, darkening of a shadow, softening of a texture or some other final stroke before signing my name and getting it in its frame. Coming at something with a fresh eye always pulls those few needed points of addition or supplement to the forefront making them immediately apparent.

1 comment:

Kathryn Hansen said...

i really love this one...your ground texture is just super amazing!!