Saturday, February 04, 2012

The complications of life sometime insinuate themselves to such an extent, they take center stage and relegate all else to the wings. Such has occurred over these last weeks and I have been away from the studio and the drawing board for far too long. This work, which was started back in mid January, finally saw the last pencil strokes this afternoon which brought it to its conclusion. The work is just over 7" x 11". I hope a more routine work schedule will, once again, allow me to focus on those aspects of life that bring me the most joy . . . work, studio time and releasing the creative juices that seem to have, of late, been difficult to grasp.

5 comments:

Jim Bortz said...

Whoa! Love this one!!!

yvonne said...

This is lovely. Hope everything is ok.

Ray Brown said...

Sweet piece, Terry, especially considering the interruptions you have had of late. Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Fran A.H. Alvarado said...

Dear Terry
Great work.
The truth is that the present moment is a bit difficult to create, with the economic problems that politicians and bankers have provoked.
Regards

Gail Dolphin said...

I love your drawing and your "life reflection"...I don't know if it life complicating things for me or me complicating my life!