Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I was pleased to receive word over the last 24 hours that two of my draft horse works have been warmly received out there in the big, cold world. All Dressed Up, which was a part of this year's Western Visions Show at the National Museum of Wildlife Art in Jackson, WY, was sold during the Intent to Purchase sale on Friday evening. Up for the Challenge, a part of this year's members' exhibition of the Society of Animal Artists which opened in Michigan over the weekend, received an Award of Excellence on Saturday. I'm pleased that my equine efforts have been well received!

5 comments:

Jim Bortz said...

Great news Terry. Well deserved!

Linda Besse said...

Congrats Terry on both. Up For the Challenge is such a stunning piece! Your pieces incorporate such movement and life.

Carel Brest van Kempen said...

Congratulations, Terry! Well deserved.

Cathy Sheeter said...

I got to see "Up For the Challenge" at the SAA opening. I loved both the piece itself and the framing! Very deserving of its prize. Your work inspires me that I should go back to my roots and do a few pencil works every now and then.

Terry Miller said...

Thanks to you all for such a positive response to this news. It is especially appreciated coming from fellow artists whose work I respect greatly. Public acknowledgement is always wonderful for the ego, but such words from peers hits much deeper.