Wednesday, May 25, 2011




Time Out! Rudely waken before 5 this morning by the resident neighborhood crow family who were just screaming to wake the . . . well, wake the sleeping, my day began way too early. Second cup of tea drained before 6, I wondered if I could accomplish anything as I wondered half asleep here and there. I had decided, since the weather forecast for the remainder of this week was dry and sunny, that I would try and make another run into the National Zoo in DC to get some more reference on the lion cubs that I spent time with a couple months back. The group of seven are now 8 and 9 months old and growing fast, so I thought I needed to get more material before they started getting too big and gangly. Well, I figured since I was at loose ends by 10 this morning to just get the gear and get in the car and head into the Zoo. I was glad I did as I spent about three hours and wound up saving about 475 images, having deleted about an equal number. Thank goodness for digital photography. Anyway, here's a nice little group of images pulled out as I earmarked some for future drawing ideas. No work on the current piece up on the board today, but will return to it manana.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Sounds like a good decision to me =]