Tuesday, April 19, 2011



OK, I've been at work the last few days and as noted earlier, I'm doing some new works that will go to my Jersey shore gallery in the next month or so. These are small pieces, the Royal tern being 4" x 5" and the snowy egret over the waves is 7 1/2" square. Reference gleaned from Florida back in January, though the waves in the lower work are from Chincoteague Island from several years ago and yes, it is perfectly OK to combine elements of reference material from various sources to suit.

4 comments:

Roger Brown My Botswana Art said...

I like your sketch,(Moving on) the waves are so real and together with the bird flying into the picture it has plenty of action.

Laurene said...

Two more winners, Terry. They're both wonderful, but I have to admit the Royal Tern is priceless! The pose and details are just wonderful, and you couldn't find a better title.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun when people call your work a sketch?!?!

Menaka Indrani said...

Waves look very real
Menaka Indrani