Sunday, March 06, 2011



As I was standing at the bathroom sink this morning, washing my face and getting ready for the first cup of tea of the morning, I thought I detected some sort of grayish vision out the window downstairs in my backyard. Since I did not have my glasses on, I went quickly and got them off the night stand and bingo . . . four deer parading around in my backyard at 5 past 8 in the morning.
I ran downstairs and into the kitchen just in time to snap a couple of shots, unfortunately with the long lens on the camera since I had been photographing the spring robins the other day, but at least a documentation of sorts!
I've seen deer along the creek near my neighborhood when I walk there, but never up here in the middle of the neighborhood. What a unique experience to wake up to on a rainy Sunday morning.

2 comments:

just jane said...

What a nice way to wake up!

Bonnie Heather said...

Wow! How wonderful. Thanks for posting pictures.