Wednesday, January 26, 2011

With snow and rain and slush accumulating outside the studio today, it's hard to relate to memories of just a week ago and spending ten minutes with this pair along the Gulf coast at a spot one of my artist friends referred to as Little Estero. What a wonderful morning that was, walking the beach bumping into egrets and herons and terns and gulls and diving pelicans. At the very least, I have those etched-into-my-brain images to draw upon as well as solid photo reference. But now the question is, where to begin? I will spend the day laying out plans for upcoming works and a review of established deadlines for exhibitions and jury dates. And then I can't wait to sit down to the drawing board and get back to work. There is a late March deadline looming and time is, just as these pelicans did shortly after this shot was taken a week ago, flying by!

3 comments:

Bonnie Heather said...

Nice photo! How blessed you are to be able to see them near where you live. I look forward to seeing them again.

Suspinz: Dabbler in Many Things said...

Wonderful shot, Terry! Sounds as though you had a superb trip.

I know what you mean about wondering where to start. All those memories, all those photographs, all those ideas tumbling about in the mind's eye. Great work is going to come of it, I'm sure!

Iris said...

You should totally sketch this photo! I think it would be really cool!