Tuesday, September 14, 2010



If it's the second weekend in September, it must be the opening of Birds in Art! And, indeed it was. I am just back from the festive weekend events in north central Wisconsin at the Woodson Art Museum. As I generally have been doing for the last half dozen or more years, since this blog began, I will be posting some images of the exhibition and individual favorite works in the next day or two. For today, I wanted to post this little fellow, one of my two little 'post card' sized works that were donated to the museum's first time event this year. They had asked for donations from the exhibiting artists as a means of raising funds for the museum acquisition coffers and the event was a smashing success all around. 92 post cards were donated, with many artists submitting two or more each. I myself was fortunate enough to have picked up a lovely little gem done by Andrea Rich. All of the cards were push pinned to a bulletin board and artists were not identified on the face of each card, their identity only known ultimately by the purchaser through signatures on the back, and one at a time people were let into the room to have one minute to point to their favorite work and then, after payment . . . woosh . . . out the door and ready for the next in line. The line formed very early and with great anticipation and excitement in the air, it all began and seemed to be over in a relatively short time, the cards just flying off the wall! One of the other exhibiting artists chose this little guy and I was thrilled to have a fellow artist become its owner. Now, it's time to get back to studio reality and dig into the body of work that needs to be done for fall showings. I will hope to be posting the weekend review tomorrow or, at the latest, the day after. Check back to see some fabulous bird art!



OK, yes there definitely was a connection between my little donation work, above, and my Birds in Art included work, Puttin' On the Ritz, shown here. I thought it would be fun to see if anyone could make the connection between my work hanging in the galleries and the little post card downstairs at the museum. I do believe that 'connection' was made. Part of the joy of being an artist!
__________________________________________



(Posting at 4 PM) And yes, I am back at the drawing board today, so much to do, so little time. Here is what is going on with the current work that was started last week before I headed out to the midwest. Getting dark out there!

No comments: