Saturday, July 31, 2010

I've been digging through my archives of reference this weekend, looking for something to inspire the next few works. I've had a request from one of my galleries to do something African and I am more than happy to oblige! It's been some time since I have really dug my teeth into the depth of my African photos from 7 visits to various parts of that marvelous continent. As you can very well see, photo prints - BDC (before digital cameras)! I think, after several hours of head scratching, quicky mini sketches sorting out compositional elements and settling on several good ideas, I've found material for a couple of drawings. Work should commence within a day or two. Now, I must go make myself a cup of African Rooibos Red tea to really put me in the mood. A cup of that distinctly tasting brew and singular aroma filling the air will help to transform my studio, with closed eyes, into a sultry Tanzanian night; only thing better would be to be there in person!

No comments: