Tuesday, June 01, 2010

I am back at work! A new piece takes shape on the drawing board.

As, I am sure, many of my artist friends would attest to . . . after laying off work for almost three weeks, it is a slow process to get back to it. I have found in the past, that sometimes being away from work can take its toll on my concentration, focus and just plain stick-to-itiveness. This afternoon has been no exception to that. I have put in about three hours on this so far and now need to just take a break and come back tomorrow. I know from experience that it will take a few days before I feel like I am back on track and in full potential mode. So for now, here it is, some basic outlining and laying out shadows and getting some perspective on a good balance across the composition.

I'm glad to be back doing what brings joy to me, trying to wash the interventions of the past two weeks that have stalled me, down the drain of the past.

2 comments:

Jim Bortz said...

Good to have you back, Terry! Keep pushing forward!

naturegirl said...

Amen to that brother! We all go through it. Good to see you back at it.