Thursday, March 11, 2010

Studio time is about to begin but before I sit down to work, wanted to post yesterday's bit of work. A lot of 'stuff' going on in this one now. Not sure what all that rigging is but trying to be as specific to my reference as possible as I know horse folks are going to know every strap and buckle and detail. For me, as an artist, it is not as important to detail and copy every single little piece of leather as long as, in the end, the overall final image has enough of the details to allow the viewer's eye to fill in whatever missing pieces there might be. The important stuff is going to be there.


1 comment:

naturegirl said...

Boy do I know what you mean about the rigging! I did several draft paintings and luckily had a friend that had all the rigging equipment. I had it all laid out in my studio as reference, and, whew! SO many buckles and such, it was a labor of love! Looks great so far!