Thursday, February 11, 2010

35 minutes of work this morning to tighten up and finalize yesterday's work and this one is ready for mat and frame. The image is 11 1/4" x 15 1/2". Now, you may ask why such a strange size? Hmm, if you asked one of my artist friends who know of my stash of frames in the basement, they might say, 'I wish Terry would make use of those 100s of frames that he has sitting around all the time and do his work to suit the frame rather than the opposite.' Well, here we go! I did this work to suit a particular size of a frame just waiting to be used, hence the rather peculiar image size. I must do more of this . . . find a frame and then work to it! Maybe someday, if I stick to it, I will be able to rid myself of all those frames in the basement!

And now I have to consider whether to dress up and go outside and start to make a dent in the shoveling or just sit tight. Plows, where are the snow plows?


6 comments:

Brenda said...

Amazing point of view in this drawing! Beautiful...

Kathryn Hansen said...

your work is amazing!

Kevin said...

Aaaah a very nice finish to this piece Terry!!! I really enjoy your nautical themed works. It's something to do with how you can pick out the glorious details and wrap a complete composition around them.
Spectacular! I only wish you were closer so I could see them up close. Thank-you for all your wonderful WIP's for your fans. Very inspiring.
Kevin

DEB said...

Excellent!

Good luck digging out! We've kept our drive clear, but the roads are still so difficult to navigate in NoVA.

Johnny said...

Really interesting angle Terry! You're always thinking outside the box.

Jeremy Pearse said...

Another stunning piece Terry, love the perspective of the boom and all the small details on those shackles!