Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I'm about 15/16 hours into this one now and before today's studio work begins, I am posting the results so far. What should be obvious and apparent so far is that I am concentrating on the wet stone and noodling all that important texture. As the 'background' of this piece is going to be the all important make or break aspect of this work, not to diminish the doves which have their own importance, but no matter how well the birds are delineated, in the end, the wet aspect and reflective nature of the stone work is what is going to define this piece. And even though this work will be a consideration for one of my entries for this year's Birds in Art exhibition, I need to get all that negative space stone work down right. Since this is my first real effort at tackling this sort of textural idea, I am spending overtime on that aspect of this piece. The feather detail on the birds will be a piece of cake compared to the rest of it!

3 comments:

Robert Caldwell said...

Really liking this one Terry!

Suzie White said...

Terry, I think you should be very pleased, its looking great!

Dors said...

This already looking great.