Tuesday, October 06, 2009

American Art in Miniature at the Gilcrease Museum, Tulsa, OK.
October 24 - November 8, 2009
The museum has posted the work for this year's event here.
The auction takes place on November 5 and this year the museum has set up a phone bank for those unable to attend in person. Take a look at some fine, fine art work, including mine on page 6, and see if there is something that strikes your fancy!


____________________________________


Yesterday, good friend and fellow artist, Paula Waterman, and I headed south and east across the Chesapeake Bay to just over the line into Virginia and out to Chincoteague Island for a fine, fine day of reference gathering. What a glorious October day in nature. Here are just a very few of my hundreds of images. I just bet some of these creatures are going to show up in drawings in the very near future.











2 comments:

DEB said...

What beautiful photos! I've never been to the island, but I live in Ashburn, VA, which is as far north as you can get without being in MD. If you are ever out this way, contact me! I'm at DEBKAvon@Yaooh.com or 571-236-0047. I love to meet my blogging buddies in person.

Laurene said...

What wonderful pictures! That third one of a tern (I think) with its head down really caught my eye. The pose is so unique and so graceful!