Saturday, September 19, 2009

And the slices keep coming . . . slow process now . . . building up all those layers . . . giving depth to the work . . . moving things forward and back . . . placing well defined details - just enough of them to keep it interesting . . . and doing my usual over-layering using ever softer grades of graphite to intensify the shadows, so far B being the softest I've gone.

As I said before I started this piece the other day, it has been quite some time since I have undertaken to do a relatively involved African subject matter work. I am feeling rather positive about this one, so far. Perhaps this one will turn out to be the catalyst that will help to dredge up all those long neglected African 'songs'.

1 comment:

Clive Meredith said...

i really like this piece already terry,so much going on here with all the different elements.you seem to manage to get some really good and dark blacks with relatively hard grades.looking forward to seeing the hippo's emerge!