Monday, July 20, 2009

This past weekend, notwithstanding it being a weekend and knowing full well that the ocean front beach would be jam packed with sun worshipers, I headed down to Chincoteague National Refuge. A bit over two and a half hours from home, it was worth the trip! What a marvelous day of photography. I'd never been to Chincoteague in the summer time before and had no idea of what to expect. As I said, I did expect long lines of cars and lots of people enjoying a gorgeous mid July day at the ocean front, but was pleasantly surprised at the abundance of bird life I found there. Plenty of reference material was had. Following are just some of what was seen and enjoyed. I've left out the seemingly endless line of cars waiting for parking at the beach. Fortunately, I just pulled over to the side of the road and had a front row seat for all the bird activity I could stand . . . and then some!



















3 comments:

Laurene said...

What a wondrous day that must have been. Thanks for sharing these with us Terry!

Stephanie said...

Nice camera! LOL That shot of the seagull flying is great! They are all beautiful actually, and I look forward to seeing what you choose to use for reference.

Was this a one day trip, or are you visiting the shore for a while?

Lisa Ullrich said...

You got some really great pics there. Spending a day by the water is one of my favorite things to do.