Saturday, April 25, 2009

This weekend marks the opening of the 2009 edition of the Modern Marine Masters exhibition and sale at the Maritime Gallery at Mystic Seaport in Connecticut. I am pleased to have one of my works included in this outstanding representation of the best of marine subject artworks from artists across the globe. Modern Marine Masters hangs through June 14.
_______________________________
I've gotten a bit sidetracked in the last day or so, so the completion of the current work on the board has been delayed. I hope to return to it this afternoon and have a finished piece to post tomorrow. All the de-struction and recon-struction of about a month ago, just prior to my having left for Florida, was pretty much completed while I was out of town for my father's funeral, but painting new sheetrock still remained on my list of 'things to be done'. So that is what has been going on the last 24 plus hours . . . I have actually had a paint brush in my hand!

3 comments:

Colette Theriault said...

You've got some very amazing pencil work here Terry. I love to drop in and see what new works you create. Best Wishes, Colette Theriault.

Clive Meredith said...

such an interesting angle to approach this subject from and a wonderful array of textures going on.how large is the image?

Terry Miller said...

Hi Colette and Clive -
The image on this one is about 8" x 18".