Saturday, April 04, 2009


This past Monday, just about two months shy of his 90th Birthday, my father passed away. This evening, as the time for sunset drew near, my sister and I, our step mother and her children and grand children, gathered on the Gulf of Mexico at one of my dad's favorite spots to say farewell to the day, the grief filled week, and a parting adieu to a life well lived. The sky burst with color and the returning sail boat, heading for port, crafted a fitting memory for us all.

7 comments:

Laurene said...

My sincere condolences Terry. I also lost my father about a year and a half ago, one month shy of his 85th birthday. Not a day goes by, still, that he's not on my mind.

I know that I think of him living on in his children and grandchildren, and the countless people he influenced in his lifetime.

Jennie Norris said...

So sorry to here about your father Terry. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Dean Richards said...

I'm deeply sorry for your loss Terry. He will always be with you in your heart.

Mark and Alice Eberhard said...

Oh Terry, what a beautiful photo to post in remembering your father, who himself was such an incredible photographer. I'm glad you all could go together to one of your dad's favorite spots.

John Mullane Art said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Terry. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Grahame Butler said...

So sorry to hear of your loss Terry, I too lost my father a couple of years ago, whatever the age it is still a great shock and it takes time to come to terms with.

cpbvk said...

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Terry. Our thoughts are with you.