Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It's All Happening . . . . .

. . . . . At The Zoo!

Yesterday, another one of those spur of the moment events . . . I met an artist friend, Ray Brown (google him and check out his graphite work), in from California (visiting family and friends outside of Baltimore) at the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore. Not that I really needed any more reference of the collection there that I have photographed numerous times . . . but one can NEVER have too many shots of the new baby elephant, Samson, who now is weighing in at just under 600 pounds at just over five months old.

In any event, we enjoyed several hours there and of course, I did manage to shoot another 100 or so images of little (well, not so little any more!) Samson, in addition to one of their beautiful leopard pair who was perched up in a tree within its enclosure, irresistible material for an artist; some super shots of the penguins; a myriad of goats in the little Farm Yard/Petting Zoo; and of all things . . . some great sparrows! Did I really have to go all the way up to Baltimore to photograph sparrows?

At work on another piece now, that will be going to another special event coming up in a couple months at the Gilcrease Museum in Tulsa, OK - their annual small works fund raiser. I will post the work when it is done.

In the meantime, here are a few shots of some of my favorite subjects at the Maryland Zoo . . .

1 comment:

Ray Brown said...

Thanks for the plug Terry. I had a great time too. And, I came all the way from California for those sparrows. --Ray