Friday, July 11, 2008

As this week comes to a close, I am pleased to announce that I will have seven pieces represented in the upcoming North Light Books publication, Strokes of Genius 2: The Best of Drawing Light and Shadow. This book will not be published until late next year, but, having completed the paperwork this afternoon as well as refining the digital images of the works that were selected and getting the packet ready to mail off on Monday, I thought I would go ahead and post the seven pieces that will be in the book.

I noted in reading a post on my friend, Robert Caldwell's blog the other day, he too, received a positive letter from North Light and will have several of his drawings included in the book as well.

I have not yet heard from any other of my 'graphite buddies' if they might have been fortunate enough to have works selected, but I sure will pass along that information if I hear anything as time goes on.

In the meantime, I am quite thrilled and delighted that these seven works will share pages with many other fine examples of drawing with light and shadow as the main compositional elements.

Thanks, North Light!

2 comments:

Johnny said...

Congrats Terry! Wonderful news. You're an inspiration to us all.

Jane said...

Could you please post your pictures of the okapis? My FAVORITE animal and hardly ever get a chance to see them-they are always hiding here at the Cinti Zoo!
Thanks,
Jane