Wednesday, May 28, 2008


Life drawing again last evening. This week, I attempted to make use of those oil pastels that I purchased last week. My confidence level with color is not what it could be at this point, but I will forge ahead. By the end of the evening, I did feel like I had a better handle on hitting tones and shades, but it has been years since I have done anything in color, so will take more fiddling around to feel like I am accomplishing anything at all.

The session is interesting in that the model will take the same pose for six consecutive weeks, basically to enable those who have begun large scale canvases, to pick up where they left off the previous week. I think I need to shift positions in the room next time to get a different angle and differing light conditions, though I prefer the side I have been sitting on as the model was basically lit from her left and forward, casting interesting shadows and shaping the body form more.

No comments: