Wednesday, April 23, 2008

When it Rains, it Pours!

No, I have not slipped off the face of the earth, nor have I gone off to climb Mount Kilimanjaro (though at one time in my life, I would have liked nothing better than to have done just that), nor have I lost interest in blogging! No, I have not been able to get on line for the last few days after some terrific thunderstorms that passed through my neck of the woods on Sunday afternoon

When the power came back on, after about two and a half hours, I realized that I could not connect to the Internet any longer. After repeated tries to reconnect through my wireless router, I was totally dumbfounded by the entire situation. It was apparent to me by the end of the day, and after hours of tries, that my wireless was not responding and with my very casual knowledge, or lack thereof, about such things, I decided to call it a day and went to bed.

On Monday and yesterday, I continued to fiddle around with things, to no avail. Finally, I contacted the router maker's hot line service people this morning and after about a half hour step by step 'walk through', I was back on line! Thanks to the guy at Linksys Help for a relatively easy process that made me think, almost anyway, that I could be a computer maven! Not!

Anyway, I have thought much this morning and yesterday and before slipping into sleep on Sunday night about how reliant I and I guess many, have become on their computers and access to the Internet. It seems strange to me, now that I do have access once again, just how much I went into panic mode on Sunday afternoon.

Well, the positive side of all of this has been that I spent a lot of time sitting at the drawing board yesterday and Monday at work on the current piece and really progressed quite far with it. What does that say about my usual time spent on the computer? Oh well ......

The current work is something a bit on the special side, for me, and I will not be posting in progress shots of it as I want it to have a surprise finish. It is the penultimate work for the bridge show, so be assured that a bridge or two will be showing up. But I will keep the other subjects to myself, for the time being. Keep an eye out, as I hope the work will be done by the end of this coming weekend, or at the latest, early next week.

In the meantime, maybe I will post some of my favorite recipes? Not!

No comments: