Friday, January 11, 2008

'End of the Line'

After long hours both Wednesday and yesterday and an hour of 'tightening up' this morning, this new work is complete. The image size is 19" x 11", fairly large in my repertoire of work. I am very happy with the result of this one in particular, as it really finishes up spot on to my idea when it all began a week ago. That does not always happen, as most artists will attest that sometimes, even with best intentions, works take on a mind of their own in process and progress, and maybe will end up being something that is slightly different from the initial idea or sketch or desire. This work will be featured in a shared, two person showing at my Annapolis gallery in March as well as being a part of this summer's solo at the Woodson Museum.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This one worked out really well. That train is amazing.
--- Ray

TAKAHIRO YOSHIZAWA: said...

Great work as usual Terry. I've recently started my own blog modeled after yours. Hope you have a chance to see it!

Robert Caldwell said...

Wow!!! Terry this piece is phenomenal! I love the composition and my son says "cool train car."

I hope that the new year is off to a good start for you.

-Robert

Kevin said...

Well done !! It is good to see that you are starting the year off with a very high quality bang !!! This will be one of the brighter stars of the show for sure.
Can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve next.....

Kevin

Terry Miller said...

Thanks everyone, for making such positive comments about this work! As I said when posting it, I am much pleased with this one for many reasons and glad to hear that it has appeal to others as well. I shall try and do as well on the next one!