Sunday, November 18, 2007

Fair Warning . . . Horn Tootin' Going On Here Today


As noted in an earlier posting here in the blog pages sometime last month, my work titled 'I Hear You Singing in the Wire', featured in this year's Birds in Art exhibition, was purchased by the Woodson for the permanent collection.

In yesterday's mail, this month's copy of Vista arrived, the monthly newsletter to museum members published by the Leigh Yawkey Woodson Art Museum in Wisconsin, and in its pages I was most pleased to find this full page discussion of my work and its recent addition to the collections.

As noted before, I am most honored to have this work join several others of mine in the collections at the Woodson and particularly pleased with the kind remarks about this work and my upcoming exhibition, Unknown Bridges, which the Woodson will host next summer.

My deepest thanks to Kathy Foley, the director of the museum, and all others involved in the Collections Committee for choosing my work from the 100 plus works included in this year's exhibition. This work, along with 59 others selected from the total exhibiton, will go on tour shortly to several other venues around the country. A listing of these venues can be seen on the museum's web site, as well as included in my Fall Newsletter, currently posted on my web site, linked below and to the right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A wonderful acknowlegement of your skills.

cpbvk said...

A bunch of nice, well-deserved honors, Terry! What's next on your LYWAM agenda -- Master Bird Artist, perhaps?