Thursday, March 08, 2007





With our light, (a couple of inches) fresh, snowfall of Tuesday evening and yesterday, there was still a nice coating of the white stuff this morning to wake up to. So, before it all turned to mush and mud and muck, I decided to head out for an hour or so, photographing the beauty of my beloved Carroll County in late winter dress.

I had heard some months back, about a couple of bridges west of here that I might need to check out for the big bridge subject matter work load for next year's solo exhibition at the Woodson Museum ("Unknown Bridges") and while roaming the snow covered countryside not 20 minutes from my studio, I headed to the first of what turned out to be three very interesting bridges to get reference of.

And so in this last shot, I documented the fact that this artist was there (my car pulled over to the side of the road ahead) and then hiked down to river level and got some more useful material. It was quiet and peaceful and since these bridges were on relatively little used country roads, not even one single car drove by to break the utter silence as I photographed and studied and carefully edged my way around the slippery rocks and snow covered grasses at river level; the only sounds being my footfalls and the occassional drop of a snow pack from an overhead tree branch. It really was a nice way to spend a mid March morning!

No comments: